HIPAA Privacy Statement
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), signed into federal law in 1996, sets national standards regarding security and privacy of a person's health information and defines provisions for electronic data interchange.
As defined by 45 C.F.R. §164.501 of HHS’ HIPAA Rules, AMAC is considered a hybrid organization, i.e. both a business associate and a covered entity, with different rights and responsibilities depending on the defined status.
As such, AMAC has implemented processes and procedures related to management of protected health information (PHI) that comply with HIPAA requirements. These include:
1. Appointing a HIPAA Privacy Officer as a single point of contact
2. Creating and implementing an employee HIPAA training program
3. Creating a HIPAA Policy and Procedure Reference Manual
4. Refining communication processes to enhance the security of client information
5. Maintaining an internal communication and hotline to ensure compliance
AMAC is committed to protecting the privacy, security and integrity of individually identifiable health information received from or on behalf of our clients. The Company adheres to the highest standards of integrity in the performance of its business and is prepared to maintain compliance with HIPAA and other regulatory requirements by adopting and adjusting policies and processes as necessary.
For more information about HIPAA, please visit http://www.cms.hhs.gov If you have further questions about AMAC’s HIPAA policies or compliance, please contact:
Jane Doe VP Provider Relations Privacy Officer
1-800-555-2622, extension 155